Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial Day - Clayton NY


On Memorial Day (Monday, May 27, 2013) we remember our fallen warriors who protected our nation and freedoms. May I submit the following to honor this special day (click on the pictures to see them larger):

Memorial display box at the American Legion, Clayton NY

See it in video form below (it is physically animated).


The Clayton NY American Legion has "adopted" a platoon of soldiers from Fort Drum that are currently deployed in Afghanistan (from February to October 2013). Donations are left in the above box (located at the Legion) and then regularly shipped to our troops overseas by the Clayton Chamber of Commerce. As you can see in the box, we have donated our "Castle of Mysteries" [Singer Castle on Dark Island inspirational DVD] so our troops may virtually travel to this beautiful area of the world from the hot sands across the world.


Bob Mondore at the Clayton NY American Legion - Colon Couch Post 821
(Pictures & video above by Patty Mondore)

We always desire to honor our nation's protectors, both on Veterans Day and Memorial Day. If you would like to see our blog concerning one of our own fallen heroes from Northern NY, please click on this link: PFC Jack T. Sweet for pictures.  

Psalm 27:3-4


Though an army besiege me,

    my heart will not fear;

though war break out against me,
    even then I will be confident.
One thing I ask from the Lord,

    this only do I seek:

that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek him in his temple.
(NIV)