Saturday, November 6, 2010

Reminiscing and Flash Drives. What?

With the arrival of colder weather, the major tourist season in the Thousand Islands comes to a close (although some really great shopping and other activities continue). So throughout these frigid days I will be posting pictures, videos, and stories from those warmer times. (Up to date stories will continue too). Feel free to email me any related stories or pictures, you may be rewarded with one of those random free 1 gigabyte flash drives that I'm known to give out! 

When I was filming for the popular Singer Castle DVD documentary (Dark Island's Castle of Mysteries ©), I was able to get a bird's eye view of Singer Castle and the close-by Sisters Island Lighthouse. Click on the photos below to see them larger. I was very high up, so the pictures are cropped down so you won't see as much water and more of the subjects. The airplane was from the Maxson Airfield Airport, Alexandria Bay NY.
Above: Robert J. Mondore, Producer, ready for filming Dark Island from above.
Singer Castle on Dark Island from my bird's eye view.
Sisters Island Lighthouse, just upriver from Dark Island.
Sisters Island was actually three islands, but now connected as seen above. Click here to see a close up of the lighthouse.